Filter projects by markets or services
Client name: Minara Resources
Location: Murrin Murrin, Western Australia
Total project value: $15m
Duration: 2 years
Services provided: Detailed design
Minara Resources Sulphur Melting Facility
Minara Resources requested Tetra Tech Proteus’ expertise in detailed design for mining and processing plants when they needed a new sulphur melting tank and associated infrastructure to boost sulphur melting capacity and decommission old sulphur pits.
Minara Resources’ Murrin Murrin operations is a brownfields environment requiring tie-ins to an existing plant.
Tetra Tech Proteus’ detailed design also encompassed civil, concrete, structural steel, mechanical, piping and instrumentation for:
- Bulk sulphur feed conveyors and transfer chutes including conveyor modifications and ingenious design for multi-conveyor transfer chutes with low headroom
- Molten sulphur pumping and piping calculations and systems to feed filters plus layout and tie-in design
- Steam piping design and stress analysis
- Process design optimised melting tank steam coil and agitation requirements
- Structural steel and concrete design for a new elevated, conical sulphur melt tank
- Electrical and instrumentation design, incorporating hazard-rated equipment inside the designated sulphur hazardous area zones.